Custom WordPress Web Design
WordPress is one of the leading open source technologies on the internet today. As it was initially geared toward blogging, WordPress has very easy-to-use tools that allow non-technical users to manage content. Crown Point Design focuses in developing custom WordPress websites that allow businesses to control the content of their entire site through an easy to use back-end system. To learn more about developing a site in WordPress, we invite you to Contact Us.
ADVANTAGES TO WORDPRESS
- Open Source – WordPress is an open source technology which means that it can be downloaded and installed absolutely FREE.
- User Community – One of the most widely used CMS tools means that there is a great user community that provides great online forums, tutorials, and free services.
- Security – Based on the size of the user community, WordPress will be around for a long time, which means that there will continue to be upgrades to security and other features.
- Flexibility – The ability to customize WordPress to manage an entire website makes it one of the top choices for a content management system.
- Ease-of-Use – With some very basic training (1-3 hrs) you will be able to manage the content of your site or blog.
As mentioned, the primary use of the WordPress technology is aimed at an easy to implement and manage blog. One of the best things about WordPress is the user community that offers up incredible enhancements, plugins, frameworks, and templates to help extend the basic software. CPD specializes in helping install and customize blogs to replicate the branding of your website and meet the needs of your organization. CPD uses a WordPress based system on its website and blog!
WORDPRESS AS A CMS
Crown Point Design has been utilizing WordPress as a content management system (CMS) for several years. Organizations that need to control the content of their websites can utilize a custom website built in WordPress. Our normal design process applies with the addition of training. Projects built in WordPress typically additional 1-2 weeks longer than basic static websites.
SEO BENEFITS OF WORDPRESS
WordPress also naturally increases a site’s search engine optimization. Easily manageable content means that information on your site, such as events or news, will be updated consistently. When search engines crawl the site and read new content, the site’s natural content ranking increases.
Meta tagging in WordPress is handled automatically. Doing so not only saves time when creating content, but it also gives structure to the site and the relevant parts of content for accurate search results. WordPress also features customizable permalink structures. Using the appropriate structure will put page titles into the URL, making particular pages easier to find in search engines.